Thursday 11 April 2013

About GlassPaperScizzors


Mickey Saverine
Owner, Maker, Designer, Curator
Hi! I'm Mickey Saverine. I create unique decoupage plates from antique naturalist botanical prints which i border with papers I design. Each plate is hand crafted by me in my Norwalk, CT studio. They make lovely wall hangings for custom home decor.



The art of Decoupage is Alive and Well!

ABOUT MY ETSY SHOP:

My Etsy Shop, Glass Paper Scizzors (with z’s!) sells hand-crafted decoupage plates. I use the old-fashioned paper and glue method of application. I digitally enhance antique images and design the colorful border papers to complement them. I do all of the work myself in 
my home studio in Connecticut.
My Etsy decoupage plate shop is the result of many months of trial and error, testing and perfecting. It’s beginning was somewhat of an accident. 
I never actually planned to open a crafts business. My original intention was to create something beautiful for my own pleasure and to share with friends.

Etsy turned out to be the ideal place to reach a wider audience. I opened my shop in August, 2011.


I began four years ago when my very “crafty” friend Beth suggested a decoupage project for our annual Christmas get-together.

We both had been admiring and collecting decoupage plates since the early 90’s and figured “ How hard could this be? “ it’s just glass paper and glue! 

In a word, it was a disaster! Much trickier and time consuming than we’d ever imagined. But I was inspired to teach myself the process. For the next 9 months all I did was experiment with the decoupage process.



I didn’t want to make plates like those I had already seen; I wanted my plates to be original, have their own shape, images and border designs.

By the following Christmas I found myself with enough plates to participate in local holiday craft shows, Junior League, school and church events.


Most recently, My husband, who does custom framing, suggested putting my square plates in a variety of beautifully chunky designer moldings. This creates a multi-dimensional effect that adds to their uniqueness.

Woodland Owl Decoupage Wall Art






Starfish Natural Wall Decor Decoupage Plate



Antique Sailboat Wall Hanging Decoupage



Spring Artichoke Wall Decor Decoupage Plate


GlassPaperScizzors



1 comment:

EFPTEAM Comments